Wednesday, June 5, 2013

This is for all you mommas out there who need a shout out!

I made a goal, a blog a day and so here goes...

First, sorry Savannah, but this is a mom blog, talking about my day, an average day, of a mom.  

Tonight I was reading Facebook and started noticing all the moms who were writing posts about how they were tired, fed up and at their wits end.  It prompted me to think about my day and I was curious if their's was similar to mine.

I woke up with Jerry at six this morning and was off to the races.  We are still in school here, so I had to get three kiddos ready and one two year old dressed so he could come along for the ride.  Then to give you the Reader's Digest version, I took Brayden to school, ran a few errands, went home to get my forgotten phone and headed to the grocery store.  I got done just in time to get the girls from school.  Home.  Made dinner, more cleaning, dishes, Max to bed, laundry.  Some work from home and then off to get Brayden from school.  Back to the grocery for some forgotten items. Check on home construction.  Home.  Get kids organized and ready for soccer, feed dinner to the littles and head to the YMCA for two soccer practices.  I did get a five mile run in while I was there (that was purely on fumes.)  Home.  Shower time, bath time, bed time, dinner time and thanks to my sweet hubby, movie time.  Whew!  And that folks was the Reader's Digest version.

Yes ladies, I know some of you are tired, fed up and probably feeling a bit at your wits end.  However, just know that you are not alone.  You have others out there to vent to and who are willing to give you the empathy that you need.  It is hard.  We do have to be chauffeur, counselor, tutor, personal shopper,  coach, fitness instructor, cook, maid, nurse and teacher.  However, just remember, when the day is done and it's time for good night hugs and kisses, when you feel those little arms wrap you in a tight squeeze, you know it's all worth it.  You are appreciated.  I appreciate you.  All of you who have had a rough day, I am hoping tomorrow is better.  Trust me, I am living, breathing, proof that this to shall pass.

This is dedicated to all of my babies.  You are all the best of me and I love you all to the moon and stars and moon and stars and back!

Savannah, you prompted me today to write about a current issue.  I hope I did you proud.  There is nothing more current then a modern day mom's struggle to just make it through the day.  If she can do that, then she has won, no matter what anyone says.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment