Saturday, June 8, 2013

The road to peace.

Four years ago today, I arrived in Uganda, Africa.  I can truly say that my life was forever changed from the moment I arrived.  It was love at first sight, from the people, the land, the spirit of such an amazing continent.

Mumbele Representing Colorado State!
While I was there, I was finally able to meet Mumbele, a little boy who we had been helping from thousands of miles away.  With the assistance of the UN head and the big-hearted JP and his family, we were able to get Mumbele in a better living situation.  He experienced his first shower, large meals, sleeping in a bed and being baptized.  Leaving him was one of the hardest things that I ever had to do, but I promised him that I would never forget him and always be in his life.

An example of what's available to purchase!
http://www.charitygiftmarket.com/think-humanity
In honor of this promise, I am now seeking your help.  I don't often use my blog for fundraising, but in this case, it's necessary.  Education in Africa is a child's only way out.  They will literally walk miles in order to go to school.  Mumbele is no different.  Now he is lucky enough to be living in a hostel and going to school out of the refugee camp in Hoima.  However this type of schooling requires room and board, food, uniforms, ect... He, like the girls that Think Humanity sponsor have a huge opportunity to finally get proper education and they need your help.

Please consider donating to Think Humanity and making a huge difference in the life of a child.  You can also purchase something from the Charity Gift Market.   It's not often in life where you can truly save a child's life.  The ability for these children to live at the school not only offers the the opportunity to education, but also a wholesome meal, medicine and even protection.  These children are the hope for Africa, they can hopefully be the ambassadors of the thing we all wish for, Peace.

Please visit http://www.thinkhumanity.org for more information.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment