Thursday, June 20, 2013

Between the Raindrops


Between the Raindrops

My sister Colleen actually had this as her wedding song and we were listening it on the way home from Seattle tonight.  Considering the weather the last few days and my feelings as I write this blog, I felt this title was appropriate.  

If you consider the symbolism of moving "between the raindrops" that is how I have felt these last few days and hours of having my four oldest together.  It went way to fast and almost as if it was just a  moment.  The last three summers I have been blessed to have more time, but it just wasn't in the cards this summer.  Unfortunately I had less than a week and for that I am truly sorry.  However, I did my best to enjoy the time and have a couple of days (Sunday and today) where we spent most of the day out and about.  

The other symbolism behind this song is that the last two days we had raindrop moments.  Yesterday it started to just downpour.  Savannah was so funny, not quite used to our swift moving torrential coastal rains.  At one point Savannah, Max and I were running around in the rain and then all stood under an umbrella.  We just stayed there in the curb letting the rain run between our toes, every once in a while Max would puddle jump and even chased his sister around the cul-de-sac.  I loved it.  Stopping time for the rain.



Today, after a bit of a late start, we headed to Seattle to the Pacific Science Center.  After finding parking a few blocks away we walked through a few parks and by the city park water fountain.  Although we had a fun day enjoying the laser show, an IMax movie about planes and just playing around; one of the kids favorite things was the fountain. No matter the weather, we enjoyed it both on the way to and from the PSC.  However on the way out, we stayed for awhile and even as the rain came down I had fun just photographing my littles enjoying themselves, playing and running "between the raindrops."  Life is crazy, busy and full of just doing, but as I heard somewhere, you also have to just be.  I feel like this week happily I was given a few of these moments, including the one that Jerry photographed. Nonetheless, it's only appropriate that we are all a bit wet in the picture that he took, because sadly as we know, eventually luck and time run out and the rain finally reaches us.    

  


No comments:

Post a Comment