Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Monsters University

Happy Blog:  I am happy to say, going to the movies to see Monsters University with Max today wasn't so bad, he actually surprised us all in how well he did.  We contemplated bringing him all the way up to the point when we got to the theater.  In previous experiences he hadn't wanted to sit very long and liked to explore the isles, under the seats, ect... But he was so cute last night when he heard us talking about him going or not, he told us he would be good and sit in his seat.  So in the end, we decided to give it a try and with the help of a booster seat, pop-corn and treats he sat most of the movie (Which was great by the way!)  When he did start to venture out of his space, I reminded him that he made a promise to be good and surprisingly, he sat.  On our way out of the movies I asked Savannah, Sam and Brayden how they thought he did and didn't let them respond with anything but positive remarks.  True, he wasn't perfect, but he was perfect for being two.

Side blog:  Today I really wanted to write a bitch blog about how I am over packing and getting ready to move. (Instead I tried to write a happy Monster movie blog that will soon turn into a Monster Mom blog.) I don't want to seem ungrateful for the fact that we have amazing renters moving into this house (they actually helped us move our washer/dryer out tonight) and hopefully next Tuesday the 2nd we'll sign on our new home and get the keys on the 3rd.  Never mind the fact that there is no carpet yet and several other things to finish on the house which is making us nervous... but they promise to have it complete, so I digress.  I feel like I have been pregnant with a house, going each day (sometimes twice) to watch the building process from the foundation up, fretting over rain (literally sweeping it off the floors), cleaning every nook and cranny before they drywalled (probably unnecessary, do you know how dirty drywalling is?!?)  But my big mistake was starting to pack our current house weeks ago to the point that now I am super burnt out.  I had the hope that it would allow me more time with Savannah and Sam (and maybe it did, we did make it to the movies today and all the way to Forks on Monday.)  The truth is, I just want to be moved and done... but then I don't, because that means it's closer to the day when Savannah and Sam leave.  See, I'm a mess.  I can't even organize a proper blog in my head.  But as I scrubbed my laundry room floor tonight (which actually made me happy to see something dirty, become clean and thank you Savannah for helping) I tried to think of my blog topic.  I have made this 30 day commitment, which at this moment I don't know when it's over... but with the insanity in my life and my house(s) and trying to spend time with the kids, I'm not sure what will transpire blog-wise.  We will see.  Until then, I must go to sleep, another busy day tomorrow, so good night and sweet dreams.
P.S. Don't let the monsters scare you.     


No comments:

Post a Comment