Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Four am and wide awake.

I haven't been able to sleep.  It's almost like having a new baby and that adrenaline that you feel in those first days.  Yesterday morning I woke up at four and actually went and crawled in bed with Savannah (Sam is in a twin bed, she has always won the queen.)  I have just missed them so much and knowing they are here makes each morning feel like Christmas.  But just like Christmas, this too shall end and on Friday, Sage and Saxton head to Indiana to their dad's and I will be left with that empty feeling again.  So today (when I was laying in bed wide awake at 4, again,) I had the idea to all go to Saxton's class for lunch and surprise her.  (Saxton has a summer birthday and never is able to celebrate during school.)  So after we got home from walking the girls to school, we made a Safeway run and bought birthday cup cakes (made special for her at the request of my hubby).   All five of her siblings were there (Sage was even able to come to her room) and she was able to show them off.  It was very sweet (no pun intended) and God bless her teacher who let me and my brood invade his space.

The rest of the day the kids just hung out and after dinner we met their Aunt, Uncle and Cousin at the house to show them it's progress and then came back to our current house for desert.  Even with one child short, the house was still fill buzz with all the kiddos running around.  But I loved it.  The noise reminds me they're here.  (As does the laundry, which has been going pretty much non stop.  It may sound nuts, but it makes me happy to have all the reminders of a full house, which I know soon enough will start to empty.)

Yesterday I was driving in the car with all of them and the reality of having all of my babies in the same place was so overwhelming.  Just the simple act of having them all together, it didn't matter what we were doing, it just felt so wonderful.  Last night I attempted to capture this by taking pictures of all six of them.  (It was one of my last opportunities where I had all six together.)  This was quite humorous and successful in the fact that they all agreed to sit still in the same place for more than sixty seconds.  We bribed Max with Chocolate, tried to include Puppy and then realized that was another complication.  It was quite the undertaking.  I guess that's the joy of taking your own photos, if it doesn't work out, you're not out any money.  For me, they don't have to be perfect, I just love that all their little faces, even if just for a moment, are together.












Silly faces!

Sill faces.  Saxton thought I said serious faces.







Savannah trying to tell Puppy to go to dad.

Puppy comes to mom instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment