Sunday, June 2, 2013

Screaming with Saxton!

"Mom, I bet you can't ride this whole ride and not scream," Saxton challenged me as we settled into our dual tube.  I tried really hard, but as we shot down the tunnel my laughter got loud enough to be considered at least a squeal.

This afternoon the clouds finally gave way to the sun enough to tempt us to make a quick trip to the water side of Wild Waves.  A few of the neighbor friends were able to come, so Jerry and I and five kiddos headed out.  (We bought season passes that include free guest vouchers,  this makes it nice and easy to bring extra little ones, as well as allowing the luxury and convenience of short visits.) 



As soon as we got there we all headed into the wave pool, a favorite of all the kids.  Max spent most of the time riding on my back like a monkey, laughing as we rocked up and down with each wave.  We then headed to the lazy river and we were a bit nervous that Max would literally be a hair under the 36 inch height requirement, so we just sort of slipped in.  It was wonderful to see all the kiddos so happy to be in the water and finally enjoying swimming at Wild Waves.  Little Max started to get chilled and the older kids wanted to partake in the water rides, so while Jerry sat with him, I was able to play with the older four.  


We rode the Zooma Falls, where Saxton was sweet enough to ride with her ol' mom so I didn't have to ride alone or with strangers.  Max was content with dad and his snack, so I found the big kids at the Riptide and this time Sage was kind enough to ride with me.  After that go round, Sage, Sofia and Ty were ready to hit the waves again, but Saxton and I were not, so we decided to take another go at the Riptide where she implemented the scream challenge.  We had a blast and decided to ride once more, especially since there was no line.  It must be noted, that this time I challenged her to let it all go, which she did and we laughed and screamed the whole way! 

Having had our fill of rides, I held Saxton's hand and we giggled as we speed walked to catch up with the others.  We found them in the wave pool and ended our little spontaneous outing having fun listening to the music and splashing around.  Knowing closing time was fast approaching, I felt like a little kid waiting to be told to get out of the pool as I swam around with the rest of the real-life-kids.  After all isn't the way to true happiness, the ability to remain a child at heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment