Sunday, June 16, 2013

Contentment


Contentment: That feeling where you are truly happy where you are, what you're doing and who you're with.  I have felt that way since last night when Savannah and Sam arrived, after I literally balled my eyes out in Sam's shirt.  He was so sweet and just continued to hug me.  I was hoping I could hold it together, but the tears started before I even saw them.  The anticipation to actually being able to hug them was almost indescribable.  I don't think I quit smiling for hours, I'm actually smiling just typing this!

Today was perfect.  Jerry was awesome, basically forfeiting his designated "me" day to the little ones and taking them with me to Wild Waves for a full day of rides and swimming.  They returned the favor by being absolute angels.  Not one cross word, no fighting, nothing.  Just smiles and fun.  For those of you with multiple children, you know this is almost unheard of.  Put six kids together and it's a Father's Day miracle.  Sam even rode the Carousel with Max and Brayden, despite feeling a bit silly being almost six feet tall.  I reminded him it's always appropriate to just be a kid sometimes.  Savannah and I went old school roller-coaster style and held out hands up and together.  Then later we hit some water slides (some we had to scoot down) and then the wave pool.  I loved every second.

We came home and had a wonderful dad inspired dinner and just got home from a late night Sonic run.  Sage and Saxton were grinning because they normally are fast asleep at this hour.  However, they leave for their dad's on Friday, so we only have a few days all together.  Before we left for our treat retreat, Savannah snuck behind the wheel and backed the car out of the drive and then drove about 50 yards.  I had a slight heart attack, I can't believe my baby is driving (sort of)!!!

I have so many emotions and feelings running through me it's hard to express.  It's a peacefulness and calm that has spread over me, I'm just so elated to have them all under the same roof.  The ability to actually hug them and talk with them without there being hundreds of miles between us is a wish come true.  To me it is like winning the lottery.

I'm going to sign off and go tuck my littles in bed... tell them I love them to the moon and stars and back, in person.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment