Monday, June 10, 2013

He likes me for me!

This evening I told Jerry that I'm like Sushi, you either like me or you don't.  If you don't really have an opinion, you don't know me.  I don't often blog about my husband Jerry because I can handle people talking about me, but not him.  He's one of the good ones as they say, decent, honest, loyal and an amazing friend, father and husband.  I'm lucky to have him in my life.

Tonight after the littles went to bed, I went for a run and brainstormed on my blog topic for the day.  Jerry came to mind and the simple thought that he really does like me for me.  I am quirky and sensitive, I love photography enough to stop the car and turn back for a picture.  When I see beauty, I am vocal about it.  The mountains and Sound take my breath away every time I see them and I will tell you about it.  Little things like a movie and treats make me happy.  Art gets me excited, all kinds.  I love to hike, bike, run and walk.  Jerry knows all this and he accepts it.  I am not really a fan of the mall, I'd rather walk around Pike Place Market and take pictures.  My favorite way to spend Mother's Day is on the beach, bike riding and having dinner so I can see the water.  Ferry's are a practical form of transportation here, I like to just take them for fun.  Jerry knows this and has taken me several times.

We like "our time" together after the kids go to bed so every single night we sit side by side, hang out, watch sports or shows.  Instead of watching separate things, in different rooms we joined our gamut of sitcoms and dramas and soon realized we liked similar programs.  One good way to describe us is different in a lot of ways, but the same where it counts.

However, even our differences compliment one another.  Jerry grounds me.  I am a chronic worrier and he is my coach where this is concerned.  As he told both Sage and I tonight, "worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but you don't go anywhere."  My whole family loves Jerry's sayings, especially, "it is what it is" and "just because they say it, doesn't make it true."  He's my cheerleader when I am down and always there with a hug when I need it.  My Jerry is my biggest fan when I am my worst enemy.

I am a handful, I'm passionate and a nerd who likes to go to museums and the zoo.  I embarrass my kids by blasting music and singing and dancing at stop lights.  I love natural light and to turn off the lights.  I love to mow the lawn and I like planted flowers opposed to cut ones.  I love black licorice and jelly beans.  I march to the beat of my own drum and he doesn't mind.

He likes me for me and I sure do love him for him.  Thank you Jerry for being not only my husband, but my best friend, I'm a very lucky girl!

 


1 comment:

  1. I love you for who you are too, Lisa! The whole time I was reading this I could imagine being with you...you are passionate and you just love life. Missing you!

    ReplyDelete