Friday, June 7, 2013

Things happen for a reason

People have told me on many occasions that, "things happen for a reason."  I think I am finally at the point where I believe them.  There are so many events in my life that I can now look back on and say, "oh, that's why that happened," or be grateful for the Lord's unanswered prayers.  One of my favorite concepts is how God either responds with a, "yes," "no" or, "not yet."  I have realized that I have gotten several "not yets" in my life.

Recently a sequence of events took place and after initially feeling anxiety, a strange calm came over me.  I truly trusted that was meant to be, would be and I listened to and most importantly, trusted my gut instincts.  Later a friend told me how she had been praying and I believed her, because I honestly felt it.

Prayer is awesome and there has been times in my life that it was all I had.  I remember during the end of my previous marriage, going to the church at my children's school in Colorado and praying my heart out each morning after I dropped them off.  Each day, my feeling of peace grew and when it finally came time to make one of the biggest decisions in my life, I literally threw up my hands and gave it to God.  Sometimes certain things are just too big for anyone to handle.

So today, while I do feel very blessed with who and what I have in my life, I am still waiting for some answers, even miracles you might say.  For this reason, I will hold on to hope, faith and prayer and the fact that things truly do happen for a reason.



No comments:

Post a Comment