Friday, June 21, 2013

You own a piece of my heart and I love you no matter what.

Having six kids in our family, means having six personalities, six different behaviors, ways of dealing with emotions and seeing the world.  However, the bottom line is, you love each one the same and no matter what.

Today when I had to send Sage and Saxton on a plane it tore at my heart.  Savannah and Sam did their best to keep my spirits up and it definitely helped to have them there instead of being alone.  However, one child never fills the space of another.  You literally have a portion of your heart designated for each of your babies and when they're away from you, you feel an emptiness.

Max staring at his sister's plane.
Parenting is hard, I'd argue it's probably the most difficult thing to undertake.  You are not only trying to raise these little people to make good choices, treat others with decency, do well in school, ect... you also love them, so you battle with how to handle each of them and their little dispositions separately in a loving and fair way.  To top it all off, I have a unique situation with custody of all five of my older children.  The fact that they are going back and forth and dealing with different families, rules and separation from siblings is very difficult on them for sure.  And while Max lives with my hubby and I full time, he also is affected because he has to deal with his beloved older siblings coming and going, which is hard on him.  Today he talked and talked about Sage and Saxton and where they were, the airplane they went on and when they are coming home.  He misses them just like I do.

Ultimately, the most important thing is to make sure they know I love them, no matter what, no matter where they are, what they are doing... I love them.

Good night to all my littles, I love you to the moon and stars, moon and stars and back.

    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment