Monday, September 9, 2013

The crooked Path

I often look to nature, to photography in order to find symbolism in my own life.  Tonight's blog was inspired by a photograph of mine that I took in Ocean Shores of the route that we took to get down to the ocean.  At one point the wood gave way to a bumpy path covered in shards of sea shells.  I remember walking back from the beach, my feet bare, sandy and wet from the ocean.  Instead of putting my shoes back on I chose to walk without, feeling the sharpness of the shells and stones, yet at times the softness of the sand.  What life is teaching me almost daily is that even though I still feel pain, discomfort and unevenness on my path, it is still beautiful.  I could lace up the next time in order to make it a little easier, but that's not me.  Ever since I've been little, I've always prefered to go barefoot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment