Saturday, September 21, 2013

David Vs Goliath, Colorado State Pride

Today I watched CSU battle against the defending National Champions and number one ranked Alabama.  The final score isn't an accurate representation of how well Colorado State played, especially the defense.  They didn't allow Alabama a third down conversion until the very end of the game.  I truly was proud of my Rams.  

One of my favorite quotes from To Kill a Mockingbird, is when Atticus Finch says, "Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  Colorado State didn't win on the scoreboard, but I was proud to call them my team.  

From a young girl who used to study at her locker and never missed class, to a mother who had to put school on hold for her family, no one was more excited than I was when I graduated from CSU in December, 2008.  It wasn't where I started my college career, but it's where I finished and that made all the difference. CSU became a place of peace and solitude for me and I will forever be grateful. 

No we didn't win, but because we didn't give up, we didn't get beat either. The people of Colorado have been taking some licks, but after the spirit I saw today, I know they'll right themselves again, I'm sure of that.

I can hear them chanting all the way from Washington, "I said, I'm proud, to be, a CSU Ram!!!"

To donate to the flood relief check out FeedJustOne.com and purchase a t-shirt! With matching grants, 100% proceeds go to relief efforts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment