Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"That not me", life with a toddler.


Tonight as Max and I headed upstairs, him holding my hand and both of us walking in the dark, he said to me out of the blue, "Monsters are scary.  I hate monsters.  Storms are scary, I hate them.  I like the dark, but I hate it to."  Words to live by.  When we got to my room, I asked him what he liked, he said, "I like frogs and grap-hoppers."  Just hearing his pronunciation of grass-hoppers made me smile and the whole conversation reminded me of why having a three year old is fun... sometimes these reminders are necessary at the end of a long day.



Earlier my husband opened the freezer and laughed out loud.  I asked him what he was laughing at and he had me come look.  There inside was a small black hand print, about the size of our little Max.  When we asked him about it, he said, "that not me."  Never mind that just minutes before I had caught him with a Klondike bar that he wasn't to have, just before dinner.  Life with a toddler.



My days are full, busy with housework, work-work, errands and running here and there.  But nothing keeps me busier than my children, but most especially my three year old Max.  He is up at dawn and off to the races.  He keeps us on our toes and while he can exasperate us (especially his siblings at times), make a lot of noise and scare us with his daredevil nature, he mostly makes us laugh and always makes us grateful that we have him in our lives.  Max has a way of looking at us with his crooked grin and a smile that radiates across his whole face, instantly melting our hearts.  He's my fifth three year old, but he reminds me of my first.  Savannah and him would have had a ball if they had been twins.  I guess in a way they are, just spread apart almost thirteen years.  My two little sprites, my two wild spirits.


I love all my babies and I feel blessed they are in my life.  Good night little ones, I love you all to the moon and stars, moon and stars and back!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment