Tuesday, September 17, 2013

He buys me my favorite Coffee-mate creamer.


First, read this blog post:

I Didn't Love My Wife When We Got Married

Elad NehoraiSep 11, 2013

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3908956



The concept of an acting love is one I am  thankful to know.  I have talked before how my sister, after listening to me go on and on about how wonderful my husband was, stopped me and reminded me that yes, he was wonderful, but that the way he was treating me was normal, what I deserved. To me it was still foreign and everyday I'm still grateful.  

Monday I wasn't feeling well (that's why I was naughty and didn't blog). He came home from work and I was cranky. It started when my ironing board broke (Max tried to surf on it... Max won). Something silly, but actually very annoying when you are trying to iron. In comes my prince charming, my knight and shining save-me-from-myself armor. He hugged me, massaged my shoulders and brought me slowly to my center. We had a chat and I felt better. I thanked him, he was acting in love.

My husband isn't overly lovey-dovey, but that's not to be confused with not being complimentary. When I am feeling low about my post five pregnancies body, he is always there to pick me up. When I didn't think I was capable, he made me feel beautiful. It's easy to throw a women a line, it's harder to make her believe it.  That is where the work comes in, the action of making her believe what you say.

People say it's the little things that matter, I agree. It's finding my phone on my charger when it was dead and I was too busy to put it there. Bringing home my favorite treat, taking a walk around the neighborhood, listening to my silly stories, stopping so I can photograph something, welcoming my family with open arms when they visit, helping me put the kids to bed, always kissing me good-bye in the morning, sleeping on the couch-bed in the hospital for days in a row so I wouldn't be alone when I was on bed-rest. It's taking the boys for haircuts tonight and encouraging me to take some time and go for a bike ride.  

My husband doesn't just do these things for me, but also our kids. When I was working my trade show in August, he piled them all in the car to go school shopping because Old Navy was having a one day jean sale.  He recently surprised Saxton with a case for her tablet that she'd been asking for. (It was so cute seeing her open the mail box and smile all the way home with her prize.) A rose on a special day or grapes for lunch because he knows they like them. He was the one last year who woke up Sage early every Tuesday and Friday for band and drove Saxton this morning for her band try-outs. Not because I won't, he's just being helpful. It's going to Wild Waves or the fair on his one weekend day off instead of watching baseball or football. It's the little things after all.

I am blessed with my husband and the fact that he chooses daily to do big and sometimes little acts of love.  Even if it is just bringing home my favorite Coffee-mate creamer just before I run out, it's still appreciated. 

I love you honey! Thanks for all you do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment