Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A secret between sisters.



H a P p Y   B i R t H d A y   Kathleen!!!

September 24, 2009 Las Vegas Birthday Trip!  
September 25, 2009 Las Vegas!
Four years ago today I was in Vegas with my family celebrating all of our birthdays.  The trip was more than that though.  An hour before I flew from Denver  (I was living in Colorado at the time) to Nevada, my Ex flew to California.  His choice forever changed the fate of our family.  I was an emotional wreck when I landed in Vegas  (September had been a long emotionally and physically draining month.  I lost over ten pounds in three weeks), so by the time I arrived at our hotel I was literally shaking.  Somehow I knew that day, that my life would never be the same.    

I remember walking through the lobby of the Venetian and looking around for my sister Kathleen who had come down from my parent's room to get me.  When we saw one another, we literally ran and jumped in each-other's arms, laughing, crying and hugging.  It's one of those moments I will never forget.  I was finally safe in loving arms and you have no idea how good that felt.  It was raw love.  A few hours later, at exactly midnight, we rang in Kathleen's 29th birthday.  Needless to say, we had a blast!  

Throughout the years my sister Kathleen has walked by my side through many of my life changing paths.  Either there in person or in spirit, I have always been able to count on her.  She, like all my siblings, is my best friend.  Ironically, she is the reason that I am with my husband.  She was there the night we met and actually encouraged him to sit down by us.  Little did we know, how she had just had a hand in aligning the stars.

Kathleen I love you.  I love you in the purest form of the word.  We understand and feel each other's emotions in almost an indescribable way.  God had a plan in giving us one another and I am grateful for you every second of every day.

Happy Birthday Dear Sister!  I love you and hope all your dreams come true!

December 31, 2008 in Estes Park, Colorado
Side Note:  I love this picture.  It was taken while I was still living in Colorado.  We had come up on New Year's Eve to go sledding in Rocky Mountain National Park.  It was a very fun day!  We were wet and cold, but happy when we stopped in Estes Park to get some warm comfort food.  This pictures us in our own little world, almost like we were young children again, sharing a secret between us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment