Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Parenting in the fast lane.

While driving 50 in the carpool lane today, I looked over at the right two lanes sitting still and I realized that having a three year old passenger did have its advantages.  However, a few minutes later when he was making sirin noises as loud as he could I questioned that reasoning. 

Motherhood.  It's a fragile balance between a positive and negative attitude.  Today Max came along with me to a meeting In the city.  It went as well as can be expected with a busy toddler in tow.  But one thing I remember about the drive, was his awe and fascination with the sky scrapers.  He loved the big buildings and the tunnels in the city.  Which inspired this thought; sometimes parenthood is the carpool lane and sometimes it's a traffic jam, but no matter what, the view is the same, so you might as well enjoy it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment