Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sparkly Savannah


When I think of you, you're this little girl, patent leather shoes, spunky little outfit, eight years old with the weight of the world already on your shoulders.  I look at old photographs and wish so badly to be able to jump into those pictures, hug you tightly and tell you everything is going to be okay.  I was looking through several from this day, most were smiley pictures, except for this one.  Here you are lost in your own thoughts, off by yourself.  Looking back at this photo, it's almost as if this unforeseeable force swooped in and stole you away from me.

I naively thought for so many years that I could protect you from all the bad in the world, I was wrong.  I wish every second, of everyday that you were here, you and your brother.  I remember you as babies, snuggled close to me after I nursed you to sleep.  How can it be that you are so far away?  I miss you so much it hurts.

My little Savannah, you're growing up so fast, this beautiful young lady with a personality that lights up a room.  I want you to know one thing, that you deserve every happiness.  I am so proud of you, so humbled at how greatly you love and how brightly you shine.  You're amazing and I am so blessed to call you mine... I know I have said things like this before, but I also know you can't say them too much.

I love you my Savannah and my sweet little Sam, I miss you, I wish you were here.

Good night... I love you to the moon and stars, moon and stars and back.

P.S.  I know you read these and my Sam doesn't.  Can you please hug him for me and have him hug you back.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment