Saturday, December 8, 2012

Zumba!


"If you're sexy and you know it clap your hands!"  I looked around my Zumba Class at the YMCA and all hands on deck were clapping, including mine. 

This blog is dedicated to all the ladies (and gents) who choose to lay it all out there and shake what their Mommas gave them.  I am also dedicating it to one lady in particular, who reminded me today to not take life too seriously, that age is just a number and sexy isn't held only in the body of a size four, twenty year old.  Instead, I believe that sexy comes in all ages, shapes and sizes.  Hey! After all, it takes a little junk in the trunk to make a booty shake!  

This dedicated lady was probably in her early seventies, wearing a pink polo and loose fitting blue Capri's and blue socks. She knew nothing of rump hugging yoga pants or fancy sports bras, and she didn't care to! She whooped and hollered more than anyone and the smile on her face was so contagious.  Near the end of class she became my hero for the day when she even gave a few of us knuckles.  God bless her positive energy and youthful spirit.



These days our looks are becoming the sol definer of who we are.  There are more creams and procedures then I can count to "fix us" and make us look younger than we are and prettier than our peers.  Even I am guilty of worrying about my body.  After five babies and six years if nursing, my hardware is definitely showing some wear and tear.  However, after today and my Saturday Zumba experience, I pledge to love myself more and judge my body less.  My bridesmaid dress may or may not zip up in a few weeks, but hey! that's what safety pins are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment