Monday, December 10, 2012

It's been one of those days.

After a great night last night at the Point Defiance Zoo Lights (the kids loved it!), today started off pretty uneventful.  My husband's snooze alarm went off at 5:30 and he only re-snoozed it a few times.  His current wake up song, "Don't you wanna stay," will never be the same for me again, right now it's my nemisis.  I just don't have his talent of falling back to sleep in a micro second after hitting snooze.*

Time to get up, dress Max and drive the kiddos to school.  Today I was able to get a circuit class in at the YMCA before Max's swimming class.  I guess I should say I was able to get my behind kicked.  Then Max actually rocked swimming this morning and is now trying to solely swim under water.  He is amazing and just loves it.  One of my favorite things is to watch him stand with his little toes on the edge, count to three with me and then launch himself several feet into the water.  We even got a few minutes in the toddler pool where he makes me a nervous wreck because he has no fear and just dives into and now under the water.

After showering we headed home.  I didn't have any change today for fruit snacks, which I am actually thankful for now. (You'll see why soon.)  Anyway, when I walked in the house I smelled something awful and very recognizable... poop.  Puppy had gotten into one of Max's raunchier diapers and torn it into pieces in the the kitchen by the back door.  There was poop diaper all over and pooped smeared onto the rug.  Nice puppy, nice.  So I cleaned that up, and sent Puppy outside.  When she came back in I leaned down to wipe her off and smelled... poop.  She had rubbed her neck all over the diaper and had crusty baby poo on her.  So off to give her a bath.  Max helped and made sure to scold her for making a mess.

After nap time, Max and I headed to get the girls from school.  We were a few minutes into our drive to go get Brayden when Saxton exclaimed, "Max threw up everywhere!"  Sage confirmed it and I pulled over so I could assess the situation.  Just as I turned around to look at him he started to puke some more and was officially completely covered in yuck.  Poor baby.  (Here's where the lack of fruit snacks in the mix comes in.)  I quickly called Jerry at work to let him know I couldn't get Brayden and drove home with Saxton's face out the window (she was in her seat belt) and a little boy with a sad lip puckered out.

When we got home, I took Max carseat and all, out of my car and onto the driveway where I pealed him out of his seat, stripped him and brought him inside for a bath.  There was such a mess that I just left his clothes outside. (The girls were kind enough to hose both his seat and clothes off.  The gross part was seeing the birds eating it later.  Sorry, maybe tmi?)

The rest of the afternoon and evening went by in a blur and I had to watch everything Max ate and drank after he snuck some juice and threw up again.  At least I was smart and he was wearing a bib, so I didn't have to completely change him again.  Must note funny quote of the night, Max had several icky diapers and Brayden went to go smell Max's butt to see if he had produced again.  He looked at me and said, "I can't tell, it smells like butt rash."  (He meant the diaper rash ointment)  I had to laugh.

Now I sit and wait.  I took everything but his blankets and one bear out of his bed (he had many friends in there.) and prepared for bed changes in case he got sick again.  My prayer is that he is better in the morning and the buck stops there.  That's my hope and prayer.  We'll see if it's my reality, especially since now my stomach is talking to me.  It just might end up being one of those days.

*Side note, my honey has now changed his song to "Ho Hey!" by the Lumineers as a back lash for knocking his snooze alarm.  I just looked at him and said, "I love that song."  He laughed and said, "not for long."  Touché




No comments:

Post a Comment