Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My wise old Sage and Love

As adults we can muck things up so much we can't see clearly anymore.  I am trying through counseling and living in a positive environment to fix things, but I am still an adult and we like to make things so complicated.  But it's not.  Sage taught me that today.  We were on our way home talking about their school day.  They said they had a conversation about bullying so asked them what they learned. Sage told me the analogy of Pepper, sugar and water.  She said pepper symbolized hurtful words and thoughts, sugar was love and water was us.  Sage went on and said even if you put just a little bit of pepper in water, it took a whole lot of sugar to get out the taste, and that it takes a whole lot of love to get out the bad thoughts.  I smiled, and told her she was smart.  It was a little sign from God that children have this innate ability to understand in the purest form right from wrong.  I have tried my hardest to shield them from what has happened and is still going on.  I want them to just be kids, beautiful, happy kids.  I want to fill their cups full of so much sugar they never have to taste the pepper, even if a little of it spills in their soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment