Friday, November 23, 2012

Monsters gonna get me.

Tonight we were putting Max to bed and he was saying he was scared of the dark. Dad opened the door and we tried to settle him down and we both walked out.

He called to me to sing one song, so I went in and tried to comfort him and started to sing "Oh Danny Boy". At one point he said to me that he was scared of the monsters. He said the monsters were going to get him and then he made a growling- raahhhrrr sound and said they are "going to bite me head off." I almost couldn't believe it. I told him no, there were no monsters and asked him who told him that, he said Saxton.

After much coaxing and including Sage and Saxton in the process, we were able to get him to go to sleep, almost an hour past bedtime.

We had to have a conversation with Ms. Saxton about being careful with what she tells him, because he's smart and has an amazing memory. So while I know she didn't mean any harm, her little technique of threatening monsters in order to keep Max from certain areas, had now kept him from slumber.





No comments:

Post a Comment