Thursday, November 22, 2012

... You make me happy when skies are grey.

This morning I woke up to the sweetest text message from my Savannah. Reading her kind words reminded me how lucky I am to have this amazing person in my life.

Just a few days ago she had also told me something that truly warmed my heart. We were talking about Christmas and she said she had been asked what her list was. She responded that she was already getting what she wanted, both of her parents on Christmas, her dad in the morning and me at night.

Just typing this brings tears to my eyes. For she is a teenager after all and I know there are "things" she could put on that list, but we were more important than any "thing."

Ever since Savannah was a baby her special lullaby has been "You are my sunshine." Today's post is a line from our special song and is meant to remind her how happy she truly makes me. I have been through some truly grey times, but Savannah has always brought sunshine to my life and for that I am truly thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment