Monday, November 12, 2012

Are you kidding me?!? You want to Secede?!?

When I saw on Facebook today that there were several states that were looking to secede from the United States because of the election, i literally exclaimed, Really?!? Are you kidding me?!?

To me I think that sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats who didn't get there way, so they want to take their ball and go home. Wow, we really have become an ungrateful nation. My kids have to listen to me tell them all time, how lucky they are that they were born in the United States, maybe the whole country needs a talking to.

If you think you have it so bad, go to Uganda. Look at the kids with chiggers eating their toes and flies eating at the wounds on their heads. Watch as every thirty seconds a child dies of malaria. Walk the five, ten plus miles with the children as they go to school (if they're lucky!) There are no ERs with sterile birthing units, only a three dollar birthing kit if you're fortunate enough to come across one. Refugees don't get a vote. They don't have rights, but if they go home they'll get raped and/or chopped to pieces by a machete. There are no homeless shelters to go to. Instead they rot in UN tents with no food. I met a mom with a four day old infant, who hadn't eaten since giving birth. My heart broke as I watched Toddler orphans wander the camp wearing rags. If you need more examples, I've got plenty.

I remember talking with my African friend Emmanuel a few days before I flew back to the US. We were talking about lawn mowers (they cut their soccer fields with machetes). He could tell I looked sad and felt guilty because of all I had. Instead of judging me or being angry, he took my hand and told me not feel bad, but that I was just lucky to be born an American. I whole heartily agreed.

I am pretty sure that my grandfather (an Italian immigrant) who was shot during WW II, is turning in his grave at the idea that there are residents of Indiana who no longer want to be a part of the US and want to secede from this great nation. Shame on you. He nearly died to protect you and your rights as United States Citizens. Have you forgotten what today is? What an insult to our Veterans.

One of my friends commented how the world was ending and God Bless us all. She lives in a beautiful house with anything she needs. The world isn't ending, your guy just didn't win.

In my opinion, Instead of crying because you lost, why not be thankful that you had the right to even play the game. Some people would die and have died, to have just a chance to get up to bat, remember that. (I'm using Baseball, America's pastime, as an analogy.)

Good Night, thank you to our beloved troops and God Bless America!


From http://m.cbsnews.com/fullstory.rbml?catid=57548572&feed_id=null&videofeed=null

All told, petitions have been filed on behalf of 20 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment