Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A mom's life and her potty mouth.

A quick walk to get the mail turns into a toddler's stroll, as the presumed wagon rider becomes the wagon puller. Leaves that might get stepped on and passed by without a second thought, get exclamations by a two year old, "big leaf!"

My day begins most days when my boss wakes me up. Today it was with a start and earlier than usual. I have to admit that while leaving the warmth of my bed is sometimes a struggle, this morning it allowed me to get an early start on my chores. I was able to strip sheets, remake a bed, start laundry, load the dishes, help make a lunch and fix a few flights to save a few bucks all before taking Saxton and our neighbor Ty to school. (Sage has band on Tuesdays and Fridays before school and rides the middle school bus.)

After dropping off the kids I headed to the grocery for a few things and a few shots. Hopefully my sore arms were worth the possibility of avoiding the flu and whooping cough. Then home to get the dog and take her to get groomed. Max sweetly told me that he "missed suppy (puppy)" as we came home after dropping her off.

I spent the next hours unloading dishes, cleaning the floor, making some calls for work and visiting with Savannah on the phone.

Before I knew it, it was time to wake up Max and head to pick up the girls. It was raining cats and dogs so traffic was slow. Then over the hill and through the woods and past the pumpkin fields to get Brayden. Back up the hill and off to the Doctor we go (went). I waited to the last minute to inform two little girls they had a physical and all four of my littles had the glorious excitement of getting a flu shot! Yeah! (I don't do the nasal mist vaccine because it's live vs the shot, which is dead.)

The doctor's was interesting. I had to hold down my poor little Max and kiss on him through his shot. Mr. Brayden required a treasure chest toy bribe for him to get his. (Oh and with a little help from the nurse who gently threatened calling in reinforcements to hold him down.) The girls were next, so I had to coax Brayden into the waiting room to do homework so that the girls could have privacy. Max wandered between the girl's exam room, the treasure box and Brayden's homework table. We left with a few extra treasures and some band aids.

Next it was a stop at the music store to get Sages band book and then back to Petsmart to pick up puppy (who is somehow missing half her tail fur). Additionally we also wound up with a new fish, a Beta who Savannah named Angus. (Oh, we also helped her study for her history test while we drove across town and back times ten.)

Home (thank you honey for making dinner.) Then a devide and conquer as Jerry took the younger three to get Max and Brayden a haircut (where they cut off too much of my baby's hair!!!) and I headed to the YMCA with Sage. I shook my tush in Zumba and then landed on my face while playing soccer with Sage's team in their last practice of the season. It was a take no prisoners match up between a few dads, me and over a dozen fifth and six graders. On the way home (after a stop at Mcy D's for a cone and apple juice) I asked Sage if she had fun, she said yes, she did, except for my potty mouth. I sheepishly agreed that I did let a few choice words fly, all in the name of fun.

As I sit here and single finger type on my phone (my computer has been down for some time now) I reflect on my day. It was hectic and full of color, but we survived with only mild battle wounds and a mild case of mommy potty mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment