Monday, August 6, 2012

New Normal

I'm trying to get used to my new lifestyle and I'm close, but each day sets a new learning curve.

Max slept decent last night which was great, because I would need the sleep I got for today. It was one of those days that you look at the clock and see its 4:30 and you can't remember eating lunch. Max is on his belly now and as much as I appreciate his helping me clean the floor with his shirt, I felt the need to clean. Sage was so cute and sat and watched these baby learning show with Max so I could vacuum and mop. Then coupon cutting time because we had to run to the store. I love my coupons!

Our errands went normally, kids asking, "can I have this?" and me saying, "no." ha ha. I put Max in my pouch and after a few nods to the cart and me explaining why he couldn't sit in it, he was fine. The tricky part was going potty. I always have to go, that's what having five kids does to you. The problem was, I had Max hanging on me, sort of to the side because of his cast and there really is little room to manipulate him. Not to mention he's a lot heavier with his cast on. All in all it was interesting and a bit of a feat, but you do what you gotta do.

One saving grace was that he took a decent nap so that I could work on stuff for my trade show. It is coming down to the wire and by Friday, I have to be good to go. It's always interesting working from home, but a huge blessing that I have the opportunity to do so. We just need this economy to get a jump start so that people start buying again.

Tonight my neighbor Amy saved the day and watched all the littles for Jerry and I so we could run to Lowe's to get all our supplies to build my display. It's not easy to build something to display steel on, it's heavy! But we're going to Bob the Builder it and get 'er done.

One cool thing that has happened over the last few days, is that Max is saying all of the kid's names and This morning he finally said Brayden. It is probably only decipherable by us, but it's still so cute. Life does go on, it's just a bit different right now, like I don't have my little helper at the dishwasher and I'm buying size five and size one diapers instead of size four because that is what works with his spica cast. But Max has moxie and he won't let this silly ol' cast slow him down, he'll just learn new ways to cope and be happy, his new normal.

Tonight Max was in his beanbag and I was fixing dinner for the kids. Sage was sitting next to him, keeping him company. As soon as Sage came over in the kitchen to eat, this sweet little voice rang out, calling "Sage...Sage!!!" She smiled at the sound of her name and I let her bring her dinner into the family room to sit with him. We have a house rule that the kids eat in the kitchen, but this is a new normal in our house that I can most definitely handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment