Friday, August 3, 2012

Max and his broken femur and tales in a spica cast

Max in his bean bag.
Written Friday August 3rd
Last night was a rough one, he was up for three plus hours in the middle of the night. At one point he wasn't sad, just loudly saying, "la-laaaa-la-laaaa." what do you do with that? His swelling was still there in his injured leg so I was paranoid to keep it elevated, but he is a wiggler so back in our room he came and I put him in his bean bag.

Max just wants to play ball.
I kind of woke him up around 9:30 this morning so he would maybe sleep better tonight. The girls helped me with some small chores and then they were lucky enough to get to go with my neighbors Amy and Anne to Pioneer park to the wading pool and then Costco for desert... Thanks so much ladies!!!

Cheese!
Max and I went for a walk, he's so cute how he likes to wear his sunglasses and stumbled upon a garage sale where we met a new neighbor, Beth. She had a rubber alphabet mat for a whole five bucks! Yeah! We took it home and cleaned and made room for it on the family room floor. Then I tried him in my pouch and went back to pay her. My Ergo works decent if I wear him on my side.  This option is much better to carry him because he is so awkward and cast heavy.
Watching the Olympics
The mat is a Life savor!!! He loves it and it provides great padding and traction for him and his cast. He actually played on his tummy for awhile and when Jerry came home he was scooting and pointing to each letter for daddy to tell Him what it was.

Max out for a ride in his new stroller
After nap we came outside for a wagon ride and found Christmas in our garage. My neighbor Stacy and her mom had brought over a stroller/wheelchair, a wedge, a form fitting beanbag and some diaper pads. Stacey has been an inspiration to me. Her son is handicapped, but she and her family take it all in stride and smiles. She is a shining example of a mother's unconditional love for her child. I will be forever grateful for her and several of my other neighbors, and their rock star support.

Tonight Jerry and I took a walk with Max in the stroller and met up with my neighbors Anne and Amy and their little ones, Zack and Luke. The boys were so cute and it seemed at times that they held a sweet solidarity with their hurt friend. Little Max is certainly loved.






Max and his buddies!  Luke was so cute and took his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment