Sunday, July 3, 2011

My attempted Diary of Days...

I had hoped to write every day... ha!  But here are some little snip its of what I have written, not super exciting... but these past days with all of the kids here have been some of the happiest of my life.  I am content, my heart is full and happy, all my babies are here.

Written June 21st...

Saturday the 18th was soccer day and then parents night out!  The weather wasn't too great and we had to rush from one game to another, but we were able to see some of all three games.  Saturday night was 40's night.  Our neighbor through a surprise party for his wife and invited all the just 40 and will be 40s along.  It was awesome!  We took a limo to a boat in Seattle where he had rented the whole top floor.  He provided dinner, drinks, desert and dancing!  It was awesome and a very romantic date.  After the boat cruise we went dancing some more.  It was a treat to have some couple time and the kids had fun as well.  We hired our sitter Kate to help with Max and the little kids.  Savannah and Sam liked her a lot and had fun hanging out with her after the littles were in bed. 

Sunday was father's day.  For those of you with a blended family, Mother's and Father's Day can be tricky.  But it takes a village to raise your children and Both my ex's live-in girlfriend and Jerry play a parental role.  The special thing about Jerry is that he doesn't have to be, but he is kind and wonderful to my kids.  He participates in their lives... and he spent father's day at Wild Waves watching them smile and laugh as they rode rides.  They repayed the favor by being angels at dinner. 



Written June 23rd... late.

I am tuckered out... It is a happy tired... but tired all the same.  My mom and dad flew in last night and we had a full day in Seattle today.  We went to the Market and took the tram to the Seattle Center.  The kids found and played in a very cool fountain.  I had a "moment."  I was watching them laugh and play and my parents were sitting there with me enjoying their smiles.  I had this rush of emotions come over me and then I finally put my finger on it, I was content.  I was and am happy.  The day wasn't perfect, I got super lost coming home from Seattle, I had attempted to go along the coastline and ended up and a nameless town.  We found home eventually, however it involved blasting music at top notes to make a miserable Max happy.  He is normally a beautiful baby in the car, but today was his exception, and he did eventually quiet, two blocks from the house.

Time is flying.  I knew it would.  I know that September will be here before I know it.  Max will turn one, I will turn 35 in just a blink of an eye.  Having the kiddos home has caused the days to just vanish.  We have been so busy. 

Written June 29th at the Seattle Science Center...

The kids are in the Planetarium exhibit with Kendra.  Max and I couldn't go in... so I am left alone with my thoughts for a few minutes.  I miss them already.  We leave early for MN on Monday and I am starting to panic at the idea of only a few days left here and not getting to do all we wanted to.  Don't get me wrong, I love the lake and I know the kids will have a blast, it's just one step closer to having the girls gone for five weeks and Savannah and Sam possibly much longer.  I walked around outside a bit where my parents and I were withe the kids last Thursday.  It's overcast and windy today and the weather matched my emotions.  I remembered watching the kids the week before playing in the fountain, not today, too cold. 

Written July 1st...

We are at Wild Waves.  It is our third visit here since Savannah and Sam have been here. We went on Father's Day and then on the 21st, the kids first day out of school, I brought them here to celebrate!  Jerry bought us season passes and along with those came several guest passes, so we have been able to bring Savannah and Sam for free.  (I LOVE my coupons!!!)  Today we have an addition, Brenton, Savannah's friend from Colorado.  The time is just flying by and I know it's because we've been so busy.  Last Wednesday night, the 22nd my parents came.  Thursday we went to Seattle, that was a lot of fun.  It was a beautiful day.  Friday we had a garage sale and went for a walk at Chamber's Bay.  Saturday we went to Whidbey Island.  Sunday it was off to the Taste of Tacoma and then Dave, Kendra and Tyler came for dinner.  I was super sad to see them off on Monday.

The kids were so cute today.  I loved watching them all play in the pool.  Sam was even helping Brayden to swim.  Now Max is asleep on me in his pouch.  It has been a long day for him.  He swam for almost an hour with the big kids in the wave pool.  They are so cute with him.  Savannah and Sam kept wanting to hold him. 

Written Tonight...

It is amazing at how happy and content I am having all of the kids here.  Savannah and I talked about it the other day.  She was telling me how happy she was and that she understood what it meant to be here.  Today I watched all of them play at Chamber's Bay.  They were so cute and it made me smile to see them laugh and play.  It is almost as if there is a healing power here... there is just love and it is so strong you can't help but feel it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment