Sunday, July 3, 2011

Kiss good-night Sam... kiss good-night.

It was love at first sight on the day Sam was born.  I remember it like it was yesterday, holding this tiny little person in my arms and knowing my life and my heart would never be the same.  From the moment Sam was born he was special.  He was a wonderful baby, a snuggle-bug.  And as even as a little one he was sensitive.  I remember when I was pregnant with Sage, he wasn't yet two and he was still aware that I was a bit fragile and he loved to kiss and rub my belly.

Sam and Saxton in 2004
He is quirky, neat and takes care of his things.  When he was four I have a picture of his bed.  He had just received some new shorts, socks and shoes and for days he left them neatly folded and placed at the foot of his bed.  Even now he makes his bed here.  He has a place for everything and likes his things just so.  Brayden and him share a room and I have been impressed at how well the two have gotten along.  Brayden respects his stuff and Sam loves that.

When Sage was born, and then Saxton he was always such a sweet big brother.  He loves babies.  It is so sweet to see him with Max now.  (Actually right now he is having a very colorful conversation with his little brother... it is very cute.)  I love his sensitive side, his big heart.  He is never one to shy away from a hug or a kiss.  He likes his space but he loves to be loved and to love back. 

When Sam was five I found this book, "Kiss Good-night" and the little bears name in the book is Sam.  I used to read this book to him every night.  The whole premise is the mother bear realizing that all her little bear wants and needs is a kiss good-night.  Sam is my little bear.  I found the book online and bought it for him this past Christmas and read it to him with tears in my eyes.  My little five year old is now eleven, but he still loves for me to kiss him, "Once, twice, and then twice more," like the book says.  No matter what, he will always be my little boy and I will be his momma and we will always need each-other.

Tonight I watched him run around outside with the neighbors, he was so excited because they were letting off BIG fireworks (they were really big!)  All the other littles were in bed already, somehow sleeping through the noise (the dog was under the bed... scared out of her poor little mind by the noise.)  Anyway, I let him stay up so he could have one last hurrah with his friends before we headed on vacation.  He kissed me and said thank you and love you mom.  I am so happy to see him happy.  My sweet sweet Sam, mom loves you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment