Monday, June 27, 2011

My how time flies!

Today I was reminded how fast life goes.  My parents left after a whirlwind trip and my baby is already eleven months.  I can't believe it.  I was talking with my dad on the way to the airport about my pregnancy.  It was physically rough but emotionally inspiring.  I was surrounded by love and support and that made all the difference.  And now my baby is on the eve of his first birthday.


Max is hilarious and wonderful and he is the glue that binds all of us together in love.  He is surrounded by love from morning to night, especially with Savannah and Sam here and having just had a visit from Grandpa and Grandma Miller.  He even had a visit from Auntie Kendra today and yesterday, and Uncle Dave and Cousin Tyler.  (All three came for dinner yesterday to meet my parents... it was alot of fun.  Kendra came to stay with the kiddos while I took my parents to the airport.) 

Anyway they think that everything that he does is "tute" (as sage says) or cute as the rest of us say it.  Savannah taught him how to do a high five and to blow back when she blows in his face.  He is super ticklish and loves to cruise around pulling books off shelves, and basically items from their places.  He loves his older brothers and sisters and smiles and laughs with them almost on demand. 

When he is upset they go to great lengths to make him happy.  On our way home from Seattle this past Thursday Max was sad, I had went the "scenic route" during rush hour, BIG mistake.  Anyway, just moments from home we had Lady Ga Ga blaring (as per request from Grandpa Dave) and he finally settled.  But this was a rarity.  He is normally a pretty go with the flow baby.  On Sunday we went to Taste of Tacoma and while all the kids danced, shopped and ate, he just watched from the pouch, nursed (in the pouch) and fell asleep (never mind the hundreds of people making noise all around.)

I must admit that I was blessed with good babies.  All of my littles were wonderful and the time always went by too fast.  I asked my mom last night when we were looking at old photos of my older four as babies, if in heaven I could hold them again, even just for a day... kiss their little cheeks, nuzzle their sweet baby hair and rock and nurse them to sleep.

In a way Max has been that to me, my "bonus baby." Having him has allowed me to revisit those sweet memories and make new ones as well.  I love you my sweet boy,  I love all of my sweet babies.

I thank God for my beautiful children and I am trying not to take a single moment for granted. I know someday the house will be clean, the laundry room empty and a loud silence will fill the rooms. But until then I remind myself over and over again, this is love and they are my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment