Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Our New Home

It's hard to believe that tomorrow if all goes well, we will get the keys to our new home.  It still seems unreal to me even though we have been to the house dozens of times and have overseen pretty much every detail.  

Today when we signed our life away I thought it would sink in, but still not quite.  Tonight as we sleep in our current home for possibly the last time, I'm filled with bittersweet feelings.  After all I don't have any unhappy memories here, and the truth is, it's the first house I can honestly say such a thing.  

It's here that we made our first real "home," where I went through my pregnancy with Max and brought him home to.  It's where we had our wedding dinner and joined our family together. I will always have an attachment to not only this house but to the neighborhood and all our amazing neighbors who have been so kind to us.  I feel very blessed that the family that is moving in, are friends of ours, so we can still come visit. 

Tomorrow is a big day and a new chapter in our life together.  It's Jerry's first brand new house and my first experience of watching one built from nothing.  It's our first bought together and I feel blessed that our family will have the opportunity to make memories in our new home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment