Friday, November 1, 2013

My little ladybug


My little lady bug…

This afternoon, I was cleaning, taking the recycling out, rushing about my day, when out of the blue, a little lady bug landed on my arm.  It stayed there for just a moment, an unspoken message.

My Savannah and I were on the phone a few days ago and she told me about a ladybug that had made it all the way up into her room.  I laughed and told her that I had sent it, my love had found her.  

So you see, today when I saw my own little visitor
gently landing on my sleeve, I knew she had sent it in return.

Love is amazing.  No matter the distance, the circumstances, no matter what, true love, a mother's love, knows no bounds.  

I love you sweet girl, to the moon and stars, moon and stars and back.



Below is an excerpt from the book Wherever You Are: My Love Will Find You 

And if someday you're lonely, 
or someday you're sad, 
or you strike out at baseball, 
or think you've been bad...

just lift up your face, feel the wind in your hair.
That's me, my sweet baby, my love is right there.

In the green of the grass...in the smell of the sea...
in the clouds floating by...at the top of a tree...
in the sound crickets make at the end of the day...

"You are loved.  You are loved.  You are loved," they all say.

No comments:

Post a Comment