Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Little Happy's

Taken while running the other day.
Another "little happy" in my life.
Today as we were on our way home from soccer practice, I looked over at the girls as they joyfully munched on Mc Donald's ice cream cones.  They had enjoyed not only getting the treat, but also the unusually funny character who took our order at the drive through.  He used silly voices and made both of the girls giggle at the unique way he served us.  I realized then, that sometimes life is simply about the little happy's.

Little happy's such as having a heart to heart conversation with those who are far away, like yesterday with my sister Kathleen and then again this morning with my cousin Christi.  Both are dear to me and life sometimes gets in the way of us touching base.  Conversations, that like today, also gave me the ability to study with my daughter Savannah for her World History Final.  We discussed such things as World Wars, Social Darwinism and Enlightenment.  Her knowledge of the terms and desire to do well, really made me proud of what a smart young lady she has grown up to be.  These "phone dates" give the impression that even though we are several hundred miles away physically, our spirits are still there, snuggled right next to one another.

So wether it is an ice cream surprise or hearing the sound of a loved one's voice on the other end of the line, it's the little happy's that get us through the sometimes not-so-happy times.

Side note, an additional "little happy," was the encouragement I received yesterday when I confessed the reasoning behind my blog-a-day goal.  Thank you to all those who take the time to read my thoughts, I truly do appreciate it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment