Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sam's Socks

Hand me downs are bittersweet I decided today as I put Sam's socks on Max. I could still picture Sam wearing them and his cute little toddler grin. He loved new socks, new anything and would sit them neatly at the foot of his bed. Sometimes he would hold off wearing the new item for days. I smile and think of Sam every single time I see the socks or sweatshirt that were once his and in a way always will be. The time will come when the hand me downs (there are only a few) won't fit Max anymore. However, I won't be able to donate them like the other items that he no longer wears. Instead, they'll find a special place in a drawer or a box so every so often I can pull them out and remember not one, but two little toddlers who once wore them. Until then, I will smile when I pull out Sam's socks and will try to put them on his little brother every chance I get. It's not often in life that you're lucky enough to fill socks not once, but twice, with with such sweet little toddler toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment