Monday, September 10, 2012

Let's do this for Ronan!

Tonight Jerry had asked me if I had heard this song, told me that Taylor Swift and the mother of this little boy co-wrote it, I told him I hadn't, so we began to listen.  I don't know if a song has ever hit me like this one, after just a few lines the tears started to fall. It actually took me several tries in order to get through the whole thing because my tears turned to sobs and I was just so heartbroken for this mother, for her loss. 

I remember your bare feet
Down the hallway
I remember your little laugh
Race cars on the kitchen floor
Plastic dinosaurs
I love you to the moon and back
 
Even as I read these lyrics I remember my little Max doing just this today.  I thought about bedtime tonight and how Max likes to put his little arms around both my neck and his dad's as he goes back and forth kissing us good-night.  I think of all six of my babies because I constantly tell them, "I love you to the moon and stars and back."  I think of this mother who had to let her little boy go forever and how I don't think I could live another day if I had to do such a thing. 
 
I remember back to the day Max hurt himself and thinking that something had to be wrong, he couldn't have taken such a small fall, landed on a pillow and broke his leg.  I remember the drive to the hospital and thinking the worst.  I remember arriving there, walking past the oncology check in desk and saying a silent prayer. 
 
Later in the day, after finding out that he was fine, he would heal and get better, I reflected on the alternative, my soul ached at the thought, my heart broke for those parents who received that dreaded news, that their baby couldn't be fixed.  I didn't even want to imagine such heartache.  Tonight through the haunting lyrics of this song, my mind finally went there. 
 
I had to resist waking up my littles, taking them in my arms and hugging them for hours, knowing Ronan's mom wished more than anything for such a luxury.  Again, my heart is broken for her.  I am so sorry.
 
The one thing I can do, is to share this song and ask that everyone who reads this blog decides to go to itunes and purchase the song.  You can also visit Rockstar Ronan and read what Maya, Ronan's mom has to say and find out things you can do to help.  In her blog she challenges all of us to live life to the fullest and to be the best we can be.  The beauty of her blog, her mission, is to not allow her baby's death to be in vain, but instead affect people's life and make a difference in Ronan's honor.  Let's help her... Let's do this!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment