Sunday, September 2, 2012

Amazing Max, neighbors and friends, Mountains and Sunsets!

 
 

Max parking his one car
and getting ready to
move to his truck.
Max riding on his friend
Luke's (Duke) tractor. 
 He could make it go with his good leg.   
Today Max walked across the room, all by himself, not holding on to anything, still in his body cast.  I almost felt like it was his first steps all over again.  As I watched, I couldn't believe it, how this little person just adapted so well to something so cumbersome, uncomfortable and inconvenient.  But he doesn't know the meaning of any of those words, he just has the will to get around and it's pretty amazing.  He still army crawls to get around, but now he also cruises or uses his little push cars to go from one place to another or to transport his toys.  He is a very lucky little boy and is very loved, not just by his family, but also our friends both near and far.  Again, thank you for everything to those who have been there for him over these last weeks of recovery. 

Sage is an awesome big sister and loves her Max.

Aunt Lauri, Max's Godmother sent him a box for his birthday and his baptism.  He had a blast opening everything and playing with his new toys.
Thank you Fritz family!


I have said this many times over the last several weeks, but I feel very fortunate to live in the neighborhood we do.  All of the kids, even little Max have several friends to play with and Jerry and I have had such amazing support over the last few weeks concerning Max's injury.  We often don't make it very far down the street before we stop to talk to someone. A quick trip outside to the garbage lasts thirty minutes because I end up chatting with a neighbor.  A walk with Jerry around our neighborhood ends up with us stopping and chatting with someone.  I love it and appreciate everyone of them who have been there for us.  Here is a picture of Max and his friend Tyler hanging out together yesterday.  Tyler was nice enough to share his awesome stroller with Max. 
Breakfast for dinner with some of the neighbors.



On top of Crystal Mountain.  We took the gondola up and hiked around.
There is a beautiful view of Mt. Rainier from up there.  (August 26th)
As the summer winds down we have tried to take advantage of our amazing weather, no rain for well over a month and for the most part mild temperatures that make being outside so enjoyable.  Last Sunday Jerry and the kids and I drove up to Crystal Mountain and took a gondola ride up to the top of the mountain.  While we were up there we did some hiking and had a small picnic.  The view was amazing and the perspective of Mt. Rainier was breathtaking.  I feel we are very blessed to be so close to both the mountains and the water. 


Jerry, Max and I made it up to Chamber's Bay just in time
for an amazing sunset this past Friday night. (August 31st) 
Friday night Jerry, Max and I headed up to Chamber's Bay to take Puppy to the dog park (Sage and Saxton stayed home and had a sleepover with Sofia.)  I was on the phone with Sam when we pulled up to the top of the park (you come in and overlook the water and the golf course below.)  Jerry dropped me off so I could run down the hill and Sam stayed on the phone with me.  I told him the sunset was so beautiful it took my breath away.  It was golden and shimmered on the water in a most spectacular way.  When Sam and I were at the lake in Minnesota this summer we were out on the boat and we were talking about how a sunset can look like heaven.  I reminded him of this and said that I was sharing another heavenly sunset with him,  just via technology this time.  The sunset was so beautiful I exclaimed as much out loud to more than one stranger walking by, many agreed and seemed to be in just as much awe as I was.  Jerry took Puppy to the dog park so Max and I could race to the pier and watch the Sun make its decent into Puget Sound.  I hope I never reach the day where I don't feel peace I feel when I am by the water.  To me it is like a present from heaven for anyone to enjoy.


Savannah and Sam on their
first day of school!!!

Tomorrow is my birthday, I will be thirty six.  Wow.  I can't believe how fast time is flying by.  Hours quickly turn into days and weeks.  I am lucky in many ways and I try to not forget that.  When the dust settles from the daily grind of life, I try and see the beauty that is left behind.  A bike ride with my littles through the beautiful woods by our house, a walk through the neighborhood, taking pictures of the perfection that is nature, watching my kids grow into wonderful people, a conversation with Savannah and Sam (or a text and picture), a kiss with my sweetie.  I am lucky.  Life isn't easy, frustration isn't absent, but in the next year of my life I want to try and make sure that Life is good.    
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment