Monday, August 29, 2011

A Sunday search to get married

Brown's Point
Lisa's Phone 2297Lisa's Phone 2293When I got back to Washington on the 13th of August Jerry and I had a job to do… find a location to get married.  We set off the next day to search for the perfect spot.  We drove all over from Brown’s Point to Gig Harbor.  We had lunch at this little place in gig harbor and shared some clam chowder with Max.  I loved spending the day near the water… but we realized that we needed to keep things simple.  I am a stay at home mom and money is tight and so we put the topic on hold for the ceremony, but did decide that we could hold the reception at our house.  Jerry said something really cool some time back, it isn’t about the symbolism behind the day, for example a fancy dress or venue, but instead the substance behind the vows… I agree.  I did the big church wedding with the white dress and the long train and we all know how that turned out… this time is different.  This time is substance.


Lisa's Phone 2311
A big ol' jellyfish at Gig Harbor.
Lisa's Phone 2321
Max tottles... I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment