Friday, June 17, 2011

Seattle, Sentiment and Sons.

Written Thursday June 16th

Today we took Savannah and Sam to Seattle to Pikes Place Market.  Sage, Saxton and Brayden are still in school, so we thought we would take the opportunity to spend a little one on one time with the two oldest.  It was a really relaxing day, including the car ride where neither of the them made a peep.  First we took them to the original Starbucks to get a coffee and then to Piroshky Bakery to get some goodies.  We then headed to the park to eat and look out over Puget Sound.  Sam was funny feeding the pigeons... he even wanted me to take a picture of them.  He asked later to borrow my camera and took some of his own throughout the day.  We walked through the market sampling fruit and other things and having some clam chowder, a must have when you come here to visit.  The rest of the time we just wandered around, listened to the sidewalk musicians, watch Sam ponder which animal to buy at a booth, and bought bubble gum to chew and put on the gum wall.  Finally we had some Italian gelato and finished our little visit back in the park enjoying the sun and watching Max crawl around... he was too busy to nurse.  He finally showed us that he knew how to crawl-crawl instead of his reagular army version.  I was pretty excited at that.  :) 


I cried today when I walked in Sam and Brayden's room and saw Sam's neatly made bed with his little blue scorpion that we just got in Seattle today placed in the middle.  The tears didn't come suddenly, but creeped up as I went from their room to the laundry and saw his clothes in the basket.  I had this urge to go hug him so I went outside where the kids were playing to find him.  The girls saw me first and asked what was wrong and they laughed when I told them.  I didn't care, and found Sam and hugged him and kissed his head.  I went back upstairs to finish folding the clothes and thought about the fact that I didn't mind doing eight people's laundry.  It meant that all my littles were here. As I watched Max pull out pjs as I put them away, I laughed at him and realized my emotions are all over the place today. 

One thing I know is that at night, when I lay in bed, I am content at the fact that all the kids are here.  Last night Jerry and I discussed the sleeping arrangements; the oldest (Savannah) and the youngest (Max) are in one room, the two middle (Sage and Saxton) are in another and the second oldest and youngest are in the forth bedroom.  A funny buddy situation that works.

One cool thing is noticing the effect the older kids have on the little ones.  Jerry and I smiled at each other this morning as we noticed that Brayden (who doesn't always brush in the morning) was brushing his teeth with Sam.  Sam then came and told me that he sprayed a little AXE on Brayden after they showered.  Despite their polar opposite personalities, they are getting along, which proves that sometimes Yin and Yang do fit together nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment