Saturday, May 14, 2011

A soccer mom's day.

I used to cringe when I saw a mini-van with a soccer ball bumper sticker on the back.  I can't exactly tell you why, I just didn't want to be her.  Now I am.  I am a soccer mom!  I cart my girls and sometimes Brayden back and forth to practice and games.  I load up my stroller with gear, water bottles and maybe a chair.  I don't drive a mini-van but my flex is close.  I scream-cheer just like my mom did and run along the girls with Max in my pouch and coach them.  (Unless I am breast-feeding, then I am sitting, but even then I still cheer.) 

Today I was able to see all three of their games.  It is pretty cool to see the girls improvement.  Sage was staying in her position longer and Saxton is learning to dribble better.  This is Saxton's first season ever, and only Sage's second season, but her first outside.  Brayden however is a pro, and a little superstar.  He has been playing for several seasons now and is very good.  They often have to take him out or move him to defense just to let someone else score, I think he had four or five goals in just one half today.

The hard part was last week when the girls had two games at the same time.  When I first found out that I would have to choose one or the other I became emotional.  I had thought that they would be playing at the same field, but Sage plays off of the YMCA campus.  I called Jerry and told him my predicament.  He could tell I was upset, he calmed me down and said he would go to Sage's game because it was close to his work (he works on Saturdays).  Melissa, Brayden's mom helped out by bringing Sage back to me at the YMCA where I was with Brayden, Saxton and Max waiting for Soccer pictures.  It was a little humorous thinking that my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend was picking up my daughter, but it worked.  We all get along which is better for everyone, for example, today, Jerry, Melissa, her mom, niece, Melissa's boyfriend and his daughter and I all watched Brayden's game. 

Last weekend was mother's day.  I had a happy one.  First, on Saturday, Jerry took me out for a date.  This was a real treat and the first time we left Max with our sitter Kate.  We went to an adult only restaurant on the water and had an awesome dinner.  We actually talked like adults and watched the sun set.  Then we went dancing.  It was a blast.  There is this bar in Tacoma called the Swiss that a band by the name of KRY plays every Saturday night.  The best part was we were not the oldest couple there, not by a long shot.  In fact a lot of the people there were our age.  There were a few 50 something creepers, but otherwise a great group.  They played music we knew and loved and we danced our hearts out!  It was a perfect date night.

Sunday, mother's day, escaped one person, Max.  He didn't know mom wanted to sleep in and woke up smiling a little before seven.  Brayden had been dropped off around 6 am and Sage and Saxton were up late so there was a hint of crankiness in the house, but Jerry continued to remind them that it was MOM'S DAY! In fact I think my card from the kids said it best, (front)"Mother's Day is a chance for us to treat you like a Queen!" (inside) "A Queen with Really lazy subjects who don't listen very well."  We tried to go to breakfast but the lines were really long and it was pouring outside.  so we   We had plans to go to Emerald Downs Race Course to watch the horses and we didn't have a lot of time to eat, so we settled for Starbucks and Jack in the Box.. 

That was another funny thing, we came up with several ideas of what to do and I asked the kids what they wanted to do (my original thought was go to the beach like last year, but it was supposed to be colder and rain so we had to improvise)... Jerry said it's mom's day and my choice, but I said if the kids are happy, then I will be happy, so off to the races we went and it was a great day.  The sun came out and stayed out all day.  The kids, especially Sage loved seeing the horses, the activities and all the treats.  I won my first race and Jerry did really well hitting a tri-fecta.  Max was a sweetie as usual and even was able to pet his first horse. 

One interesting thing happened while we were there.  Jerry had to leave for a short while to bring Brayden

Speaking of which, one month from today, June 14th, Savannah and Sam come for five weeks!   YEAH!!!  I am so excited and get teary eyed just thinking about it.  I can't wait to rub Sam's head and watch how Savannah smiles when she talks.  I imagine her face every time I talk to her on the phone and I can hear her laugh.  I can't wait to tuck them into bed and kiss them good-night.  I can't wait to be their full time mom again.  My counselor and I talk about what it is like to be away from them and I tell her it is like a part of my body is missing, a huge part of my heart.  I am not sure what the future holds, but for now I can only hope that our time together is wonderful.  The girls, Brayden and Max are also so excited to see them... speaking of Max...

Max is getting so big.  He is trying to get up on his knees and hands and attempt to crawl, he is sitting up really well and pulling himself up to standing in his crib.  He is babbling and making all kinds of new noises.  Last week he learned to say da-da.  In fact on Mother's Day it was is phrase of choice.  He had already been saying uhhmmmm and now also says something closer to mommm so I was okay adding the da to his vo-cab because I'll admit he is still a bit of a momma's boy.  For example, Jerry was joking last night about how hard he was craning his neck to find me in the kitchen.  We were watching the show, "The Voice," on TV and he said how Max would pick just one voice, mine. ;)  Sage says it is just my dinners that he loves... I think it is more than that.  It's the fact that I am with him 24-7 and that I just can't stand to hear him cry... probably why I still feed him in the middle of the night and then 3 am...

In fact he's chattering now, le3
0t+k
and helping me type, so I better put him for a rest...

ta tas for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment