Monday, January 4, 2016

Tough Going Today

It actually started a few days ago, that aching feeling when it's getting close to Savannah and Sam leaving.  My heart gets heavy and a knot settles in the back of my throat.  I try not to cry, but eventually mind over matter doesn't work anymore.  The hours feel like they're minutes and before I know it, it's time to say goodbye.  This morning Sam, my mom and I took one last hike.  As we turned to head back home, the emptiness settled in.  

Unfortunately circumstances today made the goodbye even harder and as I stood at the edge of the security line keeping me from two of my loves, the all too familiar heart wrenching feeling settled in.   The rest of the day I sort of felt numb, but as I landed tonight and the reality set in about the distance between us, I lost it all over again.  I just want my babies back.

Life sometimes becomes so hectic and our concerns become distorted by meaningless stresses. But for a few days and especially during particularly sweet moments, life made sense and my heart felt complete.  For now it's those memories I treasure and cling to as the rest of my world feels torn apart.  

I love you Savannah and Sam to the moon and stars and back.  
I miss you so much it hurts.
I wish you were here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment