Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Life

Life is sweet. Today as I was walking out of Max's room after laying him down for a nap, he said, "Na night momma." He repeated it several times even after I closed the door. He wasn't crying or upset, we had kissed and hugged, he was just saying it to make sure I heard. I became teary eyed as I listened to his sweet little voice and the way he said "momma."

Life is funny, it feels as if time is going so quick and days are melting into months. These tiny little moments are ones I wish I could freeze and relive. Today as Max and I were eating lunch outside I snapped a few pictures of just his feet, his smile, his fading baby looks, capturing each little detail.

Life is hectic. Everyday is something, soccer practice and games, flag football, choir, band and swim lessons, half day Wednesday, drop offs and pick ups from two different schools, errands, Dr. appointments, yard work, housework, homework, work. This is life.

Life is an opportunity. What makes it all worth while are the moments in the madness. The opportunity to show unconditional love even in the shadow of disappointment and pride at the mere effort of a new passion. Yesterday Sage was practicing her clarinet with a brand new effort. I smiled to myself as I admitted I actually liked the sound. Never mind how I had previously prepared myself to grimace as she embarked on her first lessons.

Life is moving to quick for comfort, but it's the moments caught forever in time that are the consolation prize. A conversation with Sam about a lake sunset, Savannah about life and homecoming, a goat at the state fair and the smiles of Sage, Saxton and Max as they all enjoy a kiddie ride. Moments like Brayden's grin as he reads with me or the way Max constantly talks about "Nann" and Sam, misses the "guys" when they're at school, and rattles off a new word every minute. Moments like introducing my cousin Christi, who recently visited from Chicago, to my beloved home. (This included the Seahawks-Packers game, Seattle and a hike up Mt. Rainier.)

Life is birthdays. I recently turned thirty six and spent my birthday night watching the moon rise over Puget Sound, grateful for the special moments my honey gave me as a present.

Life to me is the sea. One of my favorite places to go is Chambers Bay. The kids play on the beach, we collect rocks and other things and I am able to enjoy the water and the peace, and a occasional photograph. ;-)

Life is rolling along, gaining speed with each day. But I will do all I can to appreciate the ride one moment at a time. Na night momma.


No comments:

Post a Comment