Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Do the Puyallup

The Puyallup Fair continually ranks in the top ten largest fairs in the world and we are lucky because it is just minutes from our house.  Jerry and I took the girls and Max on the 12th of September because it was half price rides and games night... for those of you who don't know me, I am always looking for a bargain. We didn't have set plans, just sort of decided to go... we knew that Brayden was going the next day with his mom and the weather looked like it was going to turn so we decided to head out on a very beautiful night.  Sometimes I think the best times are those that just sort of happen. The bargains continued as we were able to park close and for free at Jerrry's friends house, bonus, and visit his horse.  We arrived and were instantly treated to a very cool show with these two clowns.  Jerry got a big surprise and the smiles began to settle permantly on our faces.
I love this picture!  Jerry had no idea that the lady clown snuck up and put her hand on his shoulder.  He thought at first it was me.  The girls saw her too and just thought it was hilarious how she surprised him. 


Our feet were super tired after walking for several hours so we took a break and had feet massages.  Ahhhhh

The night turned out to be magical.  The sun set and revealed all the lights of the fair and we walked around looking for goodies to eat.  Sage is not a huge fan of rides so we played a lot of games and really had fun doing so.  We even found some that we could win!  When the girls rode the rides I found myself smiling and having just as much fun watching as they had riding.  At one point I told Jerry that I don't think I quit smiling the whole night.  I felt like I was in a movie experience walking around at an old fashion fair.  While we didn't ride the Ferris wheel, too tall for my Sage, it was a very cool backdrop to the night sky.
One of my favorite things that I have been introduced to at the fair are Fisher Scones!  Yummy!  They are so good!  It is funny to watch the long lines grow at the end of the night with people waiting for their scones... there are several different locations to buy them and all have lines.  It is like people are drones called to buy their scones!

In this picture I had just bought our scones and was enjoying my own feet massage.  Max thought this was very funny... Saxton was already busting a move on a scone!
Life is complicated, happy and at times heartbreaking.  You never know what is around the next corner... little did Jerry and I know what Sage and Saxton would talk to us about out of the blue on the way home from the fair that night... but for a little over four hours we were all blissful in the joy of the fair and the night.  There were no worries or stresses weighing down.  Just contentedness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment