Thursday, May 1, 2014

Where did the time go baby girl?



Where did the time go baby girl?

You are now just days from being sixteen, but it feels like just moments ago when I photographed this smile.  You were born a sprite and as I watch you grow into a beautiful young woman, I still love that you've kept your impish grin. 

I remember seeing that smile when you were one, having found you precariously perched on the kitchen counter.  You had helped yourself to a spoonful of peanut butter and were very proud.  You knew what you wanted and went for it.  As much as I couldn't admit it that day, it's  a quality I always want you to keep. 

I'm getting very nostalgic as your birthday approaches, remembering the days  before you were born like they were yesterday.  One thing I want you to know, is that while I truly and deeply loved you even before I saw you... I never could have known how that love would grow beyond measure... Beyond the moon, beyond the stars and back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment